This summer has been amazing. I know there are still a few weeks left until the Autumnal Equinox, but today I have been reflecting on what I have accomplished so far. I have cleaned out our entire apartment, including going through every drawer and looking at every picture. By incorporating Minimalism into my life I spent the summer selling things, and making a good amount of money from it. I have focused on my passions like painting, and also making big plans for our future. I have started to do things I never thought I could do, and be who I never thought I could be. Jason and I are blasting forward, and it feels so good to have so much ahead.
Monday, August 25, 2014
Yesterday afternoon the three of us walked along the Southdown Trail, which is about a mile away from our apartment. It was a hot summer day, but well worth the heat. Nature is so good for the soul. We have found a few others to check out soon.
Do you have any trails near your home?
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Last weekend Jason and I visited Houston, Texas for the day. When we were on our way to Blacksmith Coffee, and we had to pull over so I could capture some street art. I love cities that encourage artists to express themselves creatively. These murals were stunning.
Do you have street art in your city?
Monday, August 18, 2014
TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
1. Leslie Knope is my hero.
2. I eat an organic banana everyday.
3. My favorite song to dance to is Michael Jackson's "Pretty Young Thing".
4. My favorite clothing store is H&M.
5. I constantly try to better myself and my surroundings.
6. I believe if Wayne Brady can't make you smile, then we will never understand each other.
7. Our Australian Shepherd, Joker, is named after Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight.
8. I have two little elephant figurines on my bookshelf because they remind me of my grandmother.
9. My brother has given me three books over the years: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Little Women, and To Kill a Mockingbird.
10. I am currently working towards my Bachelors degree in Art History.
What is something I should know about you?
Thursday, August 14, 2014
It's my dad's birthday on Sunday, and I wish Jason and I could be in Arizona to celebrate with him. I have always seen my dad as the real Peter Pan. His middle name is Peter, so when I was young I thought that meant after he read me my bedtime story he flew off to Neverland to hang out with the Lost Boys. He has never lost that childlike spirit. Happy birthday dad, I love you!
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" -J. M. Barrie